Call Verrill Farm
Our events are very popular with old and new customers. Before coming to an event, please check the web site or call us at 978.369.4494 for any changes in the schedule.
Click here to see some photos from our past events »
Saturday, September 6, 11 - 3 pm
Farm Day, Barbecue & Apple Pie Contest
1 - 2 pm: Visit with Terry Golson and her hens. For a daily glimpse of Terry's chickens go to www.hencam.com. Terry's books, Tillie Lays an Egg and The Farmstead Egg Guide & Cookbook are available for sale at the farm stand.
- Traditional BBQ made in Verrill Farm's Smoker, sides & desserts
- Visit with 4H members and their animals
- Lil Folk Farm Petting Zoo
- Live music by The Sky Blue Boys
- Pony rides - Giddy Up Ponies
- Activities including the popular Corn Husking Contest!
- Hay rides
- On site knife sharpening by Patti Small of On the Edge Knife Sharpening
APPLE PIE CONTEST - Free Entry!
The 3rd Annual Apple Pie Contest winner will take home a prize and bragging rites! It's free to enter and the rules are simple.
11am - 1 pm: Bring your best Apple Pie & join the fun at this farm day tradition! Please attach name & phone number to entry.
1:30 - Judging & winners announced.
Sunday, September 14 - 7th Annual Stone Soup Dinner
4:00 pm - drinks & appetizers . 5:00 pm - dinner
"Bring your family, bring your friends, bring your enthusiasm, and don't forget your appetite!"
Tickets: $50 per person & must be purchased ahead at one of the following 3 locations:
- Hosted by Verrill Farm, this collaborative effort of Concord farmers, restaurants and food purveyors celebrates Concord's agricultural heritage. Guests will enjoy a mouth-watering dinner prepared by local chefs and bakers using produce donated by local farmers. Proceeds support grants, land preservation and promotion of agriculture in Concord.
Verrill Farm: www.verrillfarm.com
Debra's Natural Gourmet: www.debrasnaturalgourmet.com
Concord Cheese Shop: www.concordcheeseshop.com
Saturday, September 27, 11 am - 3 pm
8th Annual Harvest Day & Benefit for Emerson Hospital
Activities & Games - purchase tickets to play
Raffle - purchase tickets to enter
- Hay Rides and Pony Rides
- Water Balloon Toss
- Baseball Speed Pitch
- Corn Hole Game
- Angry Birds
- Pick-your-own Pumpkins
- Violet the Clown - balloon animals & Face Painting
- And more!
Food available a la carte
- A raffle of items for family entertainment & dining, gift baskets & certificates. All items are generously donated by local businesses.
Live Music by: Boston Road Bluegrass
Activity, game & raffle tickets are 5 for $10 & 12 for $20
Proceeds from ticket sales and food purchases go to Emerson Hospital's Pediatric Care Unit.
Thursday, October 16, 6 pm
From Field to Fork - An Autumn Harvest Dinner
- Please check back for details
Saturday, December 6, 3 - 5 pm
Visit with Santa - FREE
- Santa returns for his annual visit in our heated, decorated greenhouse
- Bring a list & take a picture with Santa
- Complimentary cider & Cookies
Gingerbread House Workshops
December 6, 9:30 & 11:30 am
December 9, 4:00 pm
December 7 & 13, 9:30 & 11:30 am & 1:30 pm
Our popular, fun workshops for all ages. Farm stand bakers are on hand with decorating tips - you do the rest!
$35.00 fee includes:
Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adult. Adult comes at no additional charge. Please, only one adult per child.
- assembled, undecorated gingerbread house on a 12" cardboard
- frosting (gingerbread and frosting made in the farm stand kitchen)
- candy for trim
Reservations & prepayment required. These classes fill up quickly so we recommend calling early! To sign up, call 978.369.4494.
Winter hours begin January 4, 2014.
Monday - Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm. Sundays 9 am - 5 pm
Back to the Top ^
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays