Call Verrill Farm
Zucchini & Corn Pancakes
Cut kernels off the cobs and toss with 2 TB corn oil. Spread in a
shallow baking pan and roast at 400 degrees for 12 min.
Sauté chopped leeks, thyme, and salt in 2 TB corn oil for 3-4 min.
Combine corn with leeks and remaining ingredients in large bowl. Heat
remaining 1/4 cup oil in skillet over med. heat and drop in heaping TBS.
of batter. Cook 2-3 min. on each side and drain on paper towels. Keep
warm while finishing batter. Can be served with sour cream and chopped
- 2 cups roasted corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 1/4 cups grated zucchini (1 med.)
- 1 cup chopped, washed, leeks
- 1 TB chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp. dried)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn oil (in 3 stages)
Makes approx. 20 pancakes.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays