Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
Serves 8 - 10
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 3 lg. peppers, medium dice
- 2 c. diced white onion
- 1 Tbs. chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs. chili powder
- 1 Tbs. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 28 oz. can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 c. Kidney beans
- 2 c. corn kernels
- 1 c. corn meal
- 2 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 c. chicken broth
- Brown the ground beef and drain off excess fat.
- Add peppers, onions, garlic and spices. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- Add beans, corn and tomatoes.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil and stir in corn meal, adding slowly and stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Place 1/2 the corn meal mixture on bottom of a 9' x 11' pan, add the beef and top with remaining corn meal.
- Top with shredded cheddar and bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays