Call Verrill Farm
Sponge Cake w/ Limoncello-Mascarpone Cream
- 2 cups + 2 TB cake flour, sifted
- ¾ cup + 1 TB sugar
- 2 ½ tsp. baking powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup corn oil
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup egg whites
- Pinch cream of tartar
- ¾ cup sugar
- Mix sifted flour, sugar, baking powder and salt lightly with fork or whisk & set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine oil, water and whole eggs. Whisk to combine. Add these wet ingredients to dry and combine.
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Slowly add sugar until stiff.
- Fold whipped egg whites into flour mixture and divide between 2 - 8" spring form pans which have been lined with parchment. (Do not use pan spray).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 min. or until cake springs back when touched.
- ¾ cup chilled heavy cream
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 3 TB sugar
- 3 TB Limoncello liqueur
To use Mascarpone Cream
- Whip all together until soft peaks form. Use to top fresh fruit or cake.
- Cut sponge cake in half, creating two layers. Spread mascarpone cream on one layer and top with cut up berries.
- Put second layer on first and spread mascarpone cream on top.
- Decorate with berries, mint leaves, etc.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays