Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
Penne with Asparagus and Chicken
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 1/2 lb chicken tenderloin cut in small pieces
- flour for dredging
- salt & black pepper
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1 1/2 lb asparagus cut in 2" pieces
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Cook penne in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain and cool.
- Season the flour with salt & pepper and coat the chicken with mixture.
- Heat the oil in a medium size, heavy frying pan. Brown the chicken on both sides, in stages, until all pieces have been cooked.
- Return all chicken to pan, add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic to pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add additional tsp of corn oil if needed.
- Add pesto, cream and water. Bring to boil, add cheese and stir until smooth. Simmer 1 - 2 minutes.
- Fold in pasta. Serve immediately.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays