Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
Cranberry Pecan Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 5 - 8 oz. skin on chicken breasts
- 1 1/4 c. onion, diced
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1 1/4 c. celery, diced
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lb. cooked corn bread
- 1 lg. apple, diced
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- Melt butter and sauté onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken broth to vegetables, bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Crumble corn bread and mix with apples, pecans, and vegetable mixture.
- Lay chicken breasts, skin side down, and pound with a mallet, if necessary, to an even thickness.
- Scoop even amounts of stuffing onto each breast and form a ball with chicken. Lay stuffed breasts on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°.
- Serve with whole wheat couscous.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays