Call Verrill Farm
Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ganache Glaze|
Makes 2 cakes
- 8 eggs
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
- 8 oz. butter
Set cakes on a cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl set over a saucepan containing a few inches of water (or use a double boiler) on medium heat. When melted, set aside.
- Warm eggs in a double boiler (or in bowl over sauce pan with water as above). When warm to the touch, transfer to a mixer with the whip attachment and whip until double in volume.
- Fold eggs into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into 2 buttered 6" round pans and bake in a water bath* for 12-15 minutes or until barely set. Smaller pans may be used, just reduce the baking time by a few minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit a minute before de-panning.
If you would like to glaze the cakes, de-pan and set them on a cooling rack over a pan. Pour warm glaze over the top. Chill until set. Serve at room temperature.
- 16oz. of heavy cream
- 16oz. of good quality semi-sweet chocolate, by weight
* Preparing a water bath. Find a large roasting or other pan with 1.5" - 2" sides. Put the pan in the preheated oven, place the two 6" round cake pans in the roasting pan and add enough water to go part way up the sides of the cake pans.
- Place chocolate in a bowl.
- Heat cream until almost boiling and pour over chocolate.
- Let sit a few minutes to melt the chocolate then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour warm glaze over the top. Chill until set. Serve at room temperature.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays