Call Verrill Farm
Bake in 9" x 13" baking dish
- 9 lasagna sheets, fresh or dried
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jars sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus 3/4 cup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 bunches asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes for dried pasta or 2 to 3 minutes for fresh pasta. Drain pasta.
- In a food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes and basil. Pulse until the mixture is combined. Transfer to a small bowl. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Set aside.
- In a large skillet add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion, and garlic and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Add asparagus and cook until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl. Add the ricotta, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9 by 13-inch baking dish sprinkle some of the sun-dried tomato mixture on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place some lasagna sheets, then half asparagus mixture. Next sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and some of the remaining 3/4 cup Parmesan. Continue for 1 more layer.
- Top with lasagna sheets, some sun-dried tomato mixture, mozzarella, and Parmesan. Dot the top with butter.
- Bake until the ingredients are warm and the cheese is melted, about 25 minutes.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays