Call Verrill Farm
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 1/4" slices
- 1 TBS olive oil, plus extra for brushing the bread slices
- 1/2 lb. asparagus cut crosswise into 1/4" slices
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsburg cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 TBS grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/3 cup roasted peppers
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 3 slices slices prosciutto, cut into 24 strips
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Brush bread slices with oil & bake for about 6 minutes.
- Heat the remaniing oil in a non-stick skillet over medium high heat & sauté the asparagus for a few minutes until it begins to soften. Add garlic & cook for aother minute. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese until it is soft. Add the remaining ingredients, except the prosciutto, & mix until well combined. Stir in the asparagus.
- Spread a heeping teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto each bread slice, top with prosciutto strip & bake until bubbly & brown - about 8 minutes.
« Return to the Recipes Index
OPEN DAILY – COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays