Verrill Farm Blog »
Call Verrill Farm
June at Verrill Farm
Don't miss this » Our own asparagus is now available at the stand!
Father's Day Weekend!
Saturday, June 18, 9 & 11 am
Farm Tours with Steve Verrill - FREE
Hop on the hay wagon for a ride around the fields with Steve & learn about how the crops you love are grown! Questions encouraged. Fun for the whole family!
11:00 am - 3:00 pm · Dom's Demo at the Stand!
- 9 am or 11 am - meet at the stand. Tours 45 - 60 minutes. No reservations necessary.
Sample fresh grilled meats from Dom's - a family owned, local purveyor specializing in meats since 1936! A selection of Dom's meats for sale at the stand.
Saturday, June 25, 11 am - 3 pm
Strawberry Festival & Dessert Contest
Pick-your-own strawberries in fields by the stand
Food served a la carte
- 9 am - until the crop is picked out for the day
Free entertainment by singer John Fitzsimmons
- Strawberry Shortcake using Verrill Farm Strawberries, made from scratch biscuits & fresh whipped cream; hot dogs; hamburgers & more plus beverages
Hay rides & Giddy Up Pony rides - there is a small fee for these
Strawberry Dessert Contest - FREE Entry!
Local chef Bill Flumerfelt is this year's celebrity judge! Bill spent a year in the farm stand kitchen before going on the Icarus & Nubar as Executive Chef. Welcome back, Bill!
two categories - adult & kids
- 11 am - bring your best strawberry dessert - including the recipe
- 1:30 pm - winners announced & prizes awarded!
Event details here »
Cooking Classes 2016 Summer Series! NEW
June 29 · Summer Salads
July 13 · Summer Sweets & Fruit Desserts
August 17 · Grilling
All classes are Wednesdays, 6 - 8 pm, in the farm stand kitchen.
Learn to cook with local crops at peak season! Sign up for one or all three & save money!
Cooking Class details & to sign up, go here »
Save the Date!
Wednesday, June 22, 5:30 - 6:30 pm
Cheese 101 presented by the Massachusetts Cheese Guild
Please check back for details.
2016 Tomato Seedlings
Our farm grown tomato seedlings will be available for purchase at the stand starting in mid-May!
Many popular varieties to choose from including heirloom, hybrid & cherry.
Buy favorites from past years or take this opportunity to try new ones.
All varieties available first come, first served.
Verrill Farm 2016 CSA - Sold Out
For those with shares, pick up starts June 16 & continues every Thursday, 1 - 7 pm, through November 3.
What's New at Verrill Farm
Congratulations to Steve for being presented with this year's Adventurers Award, presented to farmers who have made significant contributions to the agricultural community. The award was given by the New England Fellowship of Agricultural Adventurers at the Annual Meeting of Eastern States Exposition, May 19, in West Springfield, MA.
Pictured with Steve at the event (above) are Joan Verrill, and Jen Verrill Faddoul, Tim Faddoul and their two daughters.
Read the press release »
Inspired Stones are once again available at Verrill Farm. Please stop by and meet Cliff Hakim, founder, and speak with him about the one-of-a-kind pieces he creates from reclaimed natural materials including stone, wood & iron. A selection of pieces is for sale on site; you may also talk with Cliff about a custom piece for your particular needs.
There's a chill in the air & what better way to warm up than with a bowl of hot, 'homemade' soup? With the coming of fall, chefs in the stand kitchen are once again making a special soup every day which is available hot, to go.
The same soup will also be available to go cold, along with other varieties in our cold case. Hot or cold, stop by for soup! For a tasty accompaniment and convenient lunch, we have sandwiches (& 1/2 sandwiches!) and salads packed to go.
Go here to see the Daily Soup Specials »
Where's the beef?
It's at Verrill Farm!
Now selling our own Concord raised, grass fed beef. No additives.
The beef is lean and available frozen in many cuts including steaks, ground, stew meat and several braising roasts.
Saturdays & Sundays from 9 - 11 am
Stop by for a Breakfast Sandwich made from scratch in the stand. Our tasty Bacon, Egg & American Cheese sandwich on an English muffin is wrapped & ready to go for only $3.95.
BBQ Dinner made with pulled pork prepared in our own smoker.
The dinner includes a pulled pork sandwich, cole slaw & beans. $8.50
Dinners are available for pick up 4:00 - 6:00 pm; they are popular and frequently sell out so we recommend ordering ahead.
Also at the Farm Stand
Verrill Farm Gifts and Flowers
- Gift cards are perfect presents for family and friends for special celebrations and events. They may be purchased in any amount and are good for all items sold at the farm, including lunch at the deli and admission to our Summer Festivals. Call and purchase one over the phone and, as a special service, we will enclose it in an appropriate greeting card and send it along to your recipient. There will be an additional charge of $2.95 for that convenience.
- For a personalized gift, create your own baskets filled with local products including maple syrup, honey, nuts and jams. If the gift is being opened immediately, consider adding baked goods or cheese from our deli. Gift baskets will always be well received by everyone on your list.
- Bouquets of fresh flowers are always available.
Back to the Top ^
OPEN DAILY — COME VISIT US!
9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
(5:00 PM Sundays January, February)
Closed on some holidays